Clancy Quay Residential
Clancy Quay is the admiralship residential development in Ireland for the Los Angeles-based property company Kennedy Wilson. The historic architecture of the formerly British military barracks is characterised by buildings of austere but noble form, reinforced by robust materials with a rigorous expression. The contrast is secured by the spectacular and extensive designed landscaping with a tremendous attention to detail. New and old buildings are blended well here as residential units are incorporated within the refurbished Victorian buildings established in 1797.
Awards & Nominations:
RIAI Housing Award 2018
|Location||South Circular Road, Dublin|
Award-winning architects O’Mahony Pike infused character in their design of the buildings using the tectonic quality and materiality of the area’s industrial heritage generating an architecture of permanent and timeless presence. Located in the buildings where the soldiers once slept above their horses, the original flagstone floors and stone staircases remain under the expertise of Lindsay Conservation Architects. The entire project restored eight listed buildings using the craftmanship of a bygone époque.
This is a landmark riverside development close to the Phoenix Park in the heart of Dublin, on a very busy and dynamic part of the city, Glenbeigh started works on 25th May 2015 with fazed completion on June 2017 in excess of 200 people working around the clock for the successful completion. Below are just a few of the highlights of this project:
- Largest Restoration project of its kind 2016.
- Contract value 37.5 Million.
- Conservation 77 units (stone and brick).
- 2nr Pedestrian link bridges from Block B1 to B2 spanning entrance roadway.
- New Build 86 units.
- 6 Storey High Block bordering North Circular Road.
- Highest Level of Finishes with a large investment in Quality.
- Glenbeigh managed all service installations through our domestic subcontractors.
- All buildings ventilated by Natural Ventilation.
- Original Stone Façade restored to 4 protected structures.
- High Quality Stone Cladding erected to 6 storey block.
- Green Roofs to 2nr new multi-storey Blocks.
- Zinc pitched roof to new 2 storey block.